Volunteering with the Hub
If you’ve ever thought about sharing your time and your skills, we want to hear from you!
Let’s do wonderful things for the Change Community and make a big difference to how things get done in our space.
- Our volunteer program is all about connecting and collaborating with fellow change enthusiasts, however that may be.
- If you’ve ever thought about sharing your time and your skills, we want to hear from you.
- There are many ways in which you can contribute, just once or more frequently or even for the long term. If you’re happy to make an effort, we’re very happy to have you.
- Our volunteer program is all about continuous learning and development, as individuals and as a community.
- Our invitation is for you to be curious and experiment, always thinking about how you are contributing to the community development, as well as your own.
- It's important that you get value back for all you put in.
- Our volunteer program is a source of positive energy.
- We appreciate unique perspectives, recognise and celebrate contributions (big and small).
What you can expect as a volunteer
We don’t have any 'rules' per se, but we do have a few operating principles. These are meant as guidelines and can be discussed or changed at any point with a discussion with the team.
We’ve found they hold up quite well over time.
Volunteers commitment to each other
- If you’re not having fun, something is wrong, so speak up.
- Do good things that make you proud.
- Need help? Just ask for it. If you can offer help, offer it.
- Want to spend money, talk to the money person.
- Have a great idea? We want to hear it.
- Give only as much time as you can afford, no more.
- Be yourself and let others do the same
- Be clear on why you want to contribute; and let the rest of the team know.
Volunteers commitment to our members
- We have some Change Community Hub Guidelines, Policies and Procedures and I will abide by them for the good of everyone.
- I respect the confidentiality and privacy of all Change Community Hub members, including member contact information.
- Conflicts of interest (real or apparent) are shared with the Leadership Team and we avoid them wherever possible. As a team we do good things and always comply with legislation.
- The information, materials or authority I have in my role as a Volunteer are to be used for good not evil.
We’re very much a self-organising team, which means that you use your own best judgement a lot of the time and only ask for permission in exceptional cases. All this freedom and flexibility works very well for most people, but some freak out at first when they find that we don’t have a hefty manual, a book of legal documents (sign in blood here) and a code of conduct that feels like a 24/7 straight jacket. Meet the team behind the Hub.
The role of the Volunteer Coordinator
Meet the wonderful Maria Recaman!
Maria is our Volunteer Coordinator and is here to make sure everyone who puts in their valuable time, gets at least as much out as they put in, whatever that might be!
Our Volunteer Coordinator is here to:
- Engage: make sure you are connected to and feel part of our community as a volunteer.
- Evolve: make sure you are learning and developing as an individual and volunteer, as well as contributing to the Change Community’s continuous evolution/development.
- Energise: make sure you’re having fun in the process, celebrating, recognising and appreciating your contribution to the CCH.
Roles and responsibilities
To give you an idea what you’re getting involved in, we’ve created some high level guidance on how we see these roles. As a Team members you are encouraged to add your own flair and glitter to make your volunteer experience fun and worthwhile. It's important that you get some value back for all you put in, so be sure to mention what you need from us to do your best work!
Click on any of the roles below to get a feel of what its about and how much time is involved.
To support the Change Community Hub as it continues to grow, here are the volunteer roles we are looking for to join to our volunteer team.
Get in touch
Our awesome Volunteer Coordinator is here to make sure everyone who puts in their valuable time, gets at least as much out as they put in, whatever that might be!
If you have any question regarding your volunteer experience, get in touch with Maria Recaman.
Already decided that this sounds like you and want to jump right in?
Easy! Apply here.